3 c. Chopped onions
10 c. Water
1 T. Salt more or less to taste
1 t. Garlic powder or use 1-2 fresh minced cloves of garlic
3 T. Onion powder
1 T. Basil
2 t. Oregano
1 ½ T. Dill weed
½ t. Sage
½ t. Thyme
1 c. Sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
1 ½ c. Cracked wheat (can use bulgar wheat)
7 c. Regular rolled oats
1. In a large pot, steam onions in a little water until soft.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except oats, bring to boil.
3. Add oats and reduce heat, simmer 5 more minutes
4. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
5. Spray or oil cookie sheet, use ice cream scoop to form balls and flatten with a lid so patties are desired shape and thickness (1/2 inch or less)
6. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes, turn over and bake an additional 15 minutes.